Email marketing best practices are those that are best for YOUR audience.
In the new book Jason Falls and I co-authored, The Rebel’s Guide to Email Marketing, we talk about how to break “the rules” of email marketing and still be successful.
We also dedicate an entire section to list growth as well as one for the “anatomy” of an email and another covering how to combine email marketing and social media.
No surprise, but Jason and I think the book is pretty awesome. I mean, it would be weird – as co-authors – if we thought anything else, right?
But don’t take it from us. Read and see what others are saying:
— Cory Miller (@corymiller303) October 9, 2012
— John Michael Morgan (@johnmorgan) October 23, 2012
— Stephan Hovnanian (@stephanhov) August 25, 2012
— Scott Stratten (@unmarketing) September 15, 2012
@djwaldow hey man, you have a GREAT conversation starter (Rebel’s Guide). The more I read, the more I wish there was a panel talk w/ mod.
— Dewane Mutunga (@MUTUNGA) October 9, 2012
What’s The Rebel’s Guide All About?
A No-Nonsense, Take-No-Prisoners Plan for Earning Positive Return on Your Email Marketing!
“They” say email is dead. Baloney! 94% of Americans use email. Passionate social networkers use email more, not less. Mobile email is huge. Email offers marketers more opportunities than ever…opportunities to guide customers from consideration and trial to repeat purchase, loyalty, even advocacy! But email has changed. Email users have changed. To get breakthrough results, you must break the rules! Whether you’re B2B or B2C, Fortune 500 or startup, this is a complete no-nonsense plan for transforming your email marketing. Discover radically better ways to handle every facet of your campaign: lists, From names, Subject lines, calls to action, social network integration…everything!
In The Rebel’s Guide to Email Marketing, you will:
- Discover which email marketing “rules” are obsolete–and when to break the rest
- Optimize every component of your message and campaign
- Drive list growth that translates directly into the top line
- Encourage opt-in by systematically simplifying signup
- Bring real humor and creativity back into your email
- Write a great main call to action–and great secondary and tertiary calls, too
- Take full advantage of tools ranging from QR codes to texting to grow your email list
- Make better technical decisions about prechecked opt-in boxes and other attributes
- Know when to deliberately introduce “imperfections” into your emails
- Use email marketing and social media to power each other
- Prepare for the short- and long-term futures of email marketing
Podcast, Book Reviews, and More!
We were fortunate enough to be featured on a few podcasts…
Marketing Over Coffee – with Christopher S. Penn
Duct Tape Marketing with John Jantch
As well as having a few folks review the book…
Nick Westergaard Book Review (blog post)
Rachel Parker Book Review (video)
We even had some other smart marketers – many of them authors themselves – review the book…
Editorial Reviews (Amazon)
Convinced yet? If so, Jason and I would be honored if you’d grab a copy of the book.
Have you already started reading The Rebel’s Guide to Email Marketing? Maybe you’ve already finished it (YES!). Either way, if you have broken some of the “rules” Jason and I talk about in the book and have seen positive results, we’d love to hear from you!
Simply fill out this short form letting us know which rule(s) you broke and how it’s positively impacted your business. We’d love to feature you in a blog post or … maybe in an updated version of the book.